Friday, September 30

New Photography Venture

Running a blog for the past five or so years has helped me to do a lot of things -- get comfortable in front of a camera, develop my style and build a wardrobe, connect with like-minded folks and learn a lot about how to *downsize* said wardrobe, I even got a few freebies over the years.

One of the best things it's got me doing though, is learning my camera.
This is the outfit I wore when I did the wedding! Was going for professional but laid back (it was a small outdoor wedding). 

 I remember the day I switched to manual mode on my first DSLR, it was magic. It was equally magical when I first was told by friends and family how the pictures I'd captured of them made them feel awesome. Turns out learning how to take flattering photos of oneself can translate to photos of others. I love seeing friends love my pictures.

As you might know, I spent the summer unemployed. I suck at sitting around doing nothing though, so I put out a Kijiji add offering to take pictures for others. Surprisingly, I even got a few responses.

A few weekends ago I was lucky enough to photograph my first wedding. How wild is that? My dad, a talented photographer, came with me as a second set of eyes (and cameras). It was, again, magical.

If you would like to take a peak, I now have a photography website set up: kjewellphoto.com. I'm very excited to get this little project off the ground and make some money whilst I'm in school (did I mention I'm now a full time student? Told you I can't sit still).

If you're interested in working together, drop me a line! I would love to take your picture. ;)

GAP velvet pants, Tommy Hilfiger chambray top, Smart Set necklace, Payless Shoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!