Saturday, May 28

Cashmere and Denim

Hello again!

I'm back to share this transitional spring outfit with you. One of my favs. These days I'm all about the cozy, utility pieces in a wardrobe that can take you from season to season and transition from day to night. Boyfriend jeans, once thought a bit of a trend, are around to stay and for good reason.

Although these boyfriend jeans have traditionally been weekend attire, this is my last week of working in a no-dress-code office and I decided to throw caution to the wind and wear my favourite jeans to work.

You can see my wearing this exact pair all the way back in 2013, although I've since added a black lace patch when the artful tear over my left thigh became a touch too revealing even for the weekend. I like them better this way, they look -- and feel -- perfectly lived in.


 As companion to my cozy jeans I've layered a drapey high low tank in navy and a grey cashmere sweater. I take very good care of this sweater, it's my only cashmere so it's lovingly folded just so and cradled between other sweaters in my drawer, tamped down with lavender sachets just in case. As a result, it always smells of lavender and wearing it is a special treat.

All together, it's the perfect outfit for the transitional weather we're having this May, off an on again rainy, breezy and a touch chilly with fits of warm sun in between.

Besides that, it's the perfect pallet of high quality neutrals to make me feel put together like a boss.

Speaking of being a boss, I've finally done it -- to push myself past the twenty pound mark, I started regularly going to the gym and I've started doing yoga again at home. I'm using this amazing youtube channel, Yoga with Adriene, it came highly recommended and for good reason. I started the 30 day challenge and it's exactly what I was looking for. It's shocking too me how much my body missed yoga!

 You might be wondering what I've been up to, and I apologize for not updating this space as often. I have a lot of outfits and home stuff happening I can't wait to share.

In the meantime, I've posted a short story, Garden of Nothing, on my writing website here. Also, two interviews on equality in gaming. Check them out if you're interested.

ASOS Boyfriend jeans (old), Macy's Cashmere Sweater (old), Payless Shoes flats (old), Winners tank (recent)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!