- Help you budget
- Help you refine your personal style
- Help you avoid consumerism and be happy with less
- Help you stay organized
- Help you pack for travel
- Neutral in colour
- Classic in design
- A bigger initial investment (generally)
- Are colourful
- Will punch up a basic outfit
- Are of a different colour or cut then you would usually purchase
- Might not last as long/be in fashion for as long
- You spend less money on initially
Obviously I'm carrying over quite a few items from my existing closet. I'm tending towards simple, comfy pieces in neutral colours with pops of purple and olive green. I want to make sure that I have enough tops to mix in, and a good variance of comfort and classy (for my office worker day life). The dresses I chose can be mixed in for day wear, or worn out in the evening depending on how they're accessorized. This is the one category that might inflate a little as I plan my wardrobe.
I know for me, weather is big factor. In Edmonton the weather can be quite volatile and subject to dramatic change. I might need to pull out a pair of shorts, I might also need my parka still. It's hard to say. I'm getting a little antsy just looking at these bare legged models wearing my dresses. I can't wait for the day to come when I have to shave my legs because leggings are no longer required.