Friday, November 21

A Month of Dragons

So everyone knows that I'm a big giant nerd right? Just in case you had forgotten, or missed it somehow, I wanted to stop by to let you know about two of the really big, time absorbing things in my life right now.

First of all, this month I've been participating in Nanowrimo, National Novel Writing Month. I wanted to write something that would come easily to me to facilitate the time limit, so I chose a fantasy story with YA elements. I'm writing about dragons. It's pretty sweet.

You can check out my Nano profile here, read an excerpt from  my prologue, and follow along on my word count. Just 9 days left and I'm way behind! Haha. The reason for my behind-ness follows.
My Inquisitor Anias Trevelyan.
The second dragon in my life is currently Dragon Age: Inquisition. Being such a big fan of Mass Effect and local to Edmonton game studio Bioware it follows that I would be all over their newest game like an obese dog on cheezies. Not a saying? Too bad. Mass Effect is my favorite game world/series of all time, and the new Dragon Age feels like a peek at what's to come (hopefully) for the studio. It's run on a new engine, the Frostbite Engine, and because of that all kinds of awesome things are possible like a bridge being destroyed underneath you or a beautiful wave crashing against the shore near you. Even tides. THERE ARE TIDES. Ya, the storm coast is kinda blowing me away.

I'm behind on one dragon because the other dragon ate 20+  hours of my life in the last three days.

Balance. Working on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!