Monday, October 13

Being Thankful

I'm stopping in today, a holiday Monday here in Canada, to talk a little about being thankful.

Life can be tricky sometimes. It's not always roses and raindrops on noses, sometimes it's just torrential rain that washes out your footings and leaves you sinking into the mud. Sometimes you attend a funeral and get married in the same week and it's weird. That's one of the things that happened for me this year, and a week that leaves you feeling both the most profound sadness and the most complete joy is a strange week indeed. I've been thinking a lot about how this kind of juxtaposition is what brings the gems out of the rocks in our lives. Encourages us to stop and take stock of the beautiful things we have to be thankful for.

For me, being thankful is about enjoying and appreciating and telling your loved ones how much of a difference they make in your life.  Stopping to really look at how they make your life better. I know this is so true in my case.

So this year I am eternally and profusely thankful for the comfort, joy and love that my new little family lends me.


3 comments:

I love your comments!