Wednesday, September 24

Everlane Fit Details and Recap

Rounded Collar Silk in Blush
It's no secret that I love Everlane. When they first launched their campaign to bring shipping to Canada I pledged the $200 to get free shipping for life and I have absolutely been using that privilege to the best of my wallets ability. I thought, since the website doesn't have a space for reviews, I would take a few minutes to share my favorite -- and my most disappointing -- purchases from the luxury brand.

First, let me give you the pitch. Everlane is a brand offering luxury essentials, responsibly sourced and with a focus on transparency. They're open about how they source their factories (you can find factory tours on the website), what everything costs to make, and what the markup is on each item. Originally they began with simple mens ties, but they now offer everything from leather bags and sandals made in Italy to simple T's and more, with a focus on the most luxurious knits and silks you've ever worn.
Rounded Collar Silk in Blue
My first purchase in April 2013 was a silk blouse. The rounded collar silk in navy. I also purchased their essential leather belt, a T for Nick and the French Terry sweater in mustard. I wore the navy silk on the blog here. I spoke in detail about my love for the Everlane silk shirt here, where I reviewed several different brands of silk shirts and their fit.

Over a year later I can attest to the fact that I still love my Everlane silk shirt, and have purchased it in an additional colour (blush). I'm very careful about wearing them, always changing when I get home to avoid puppy nails and cat hair so they are a little higher maintenance than the rest of my wardrobe, but I love having them. Everlanes newest fall collection of round collar silk shirts don't include the button placket, which is unfortunate as that detail prevented boob gape for me. I'm currently obsessing over the new silk 'pocket' style so it might be time to buy another.
Reverse Denim Backpack
After the silks I stocked up on simple T's and purchased both the Reverse Denim Tote, and the Reverse Denim Backpack. I cannot tell you enough about how I love these two bags. I use them tons, and I always return to them. The tote is an occasional beach bag or purse, and the backpack accompanies us to the park, camping, hiking, and picnicking. It has a great laptop pocket inside, and the exterior pockets keep small items well organized. They're also holding up fantastically to regular wear. 
Reverse Denim Tote
A note on Everlanes T's. I've purchased two for myself and many for Nick. The mens XL is a perfect fit for him and I usually purchase him the V-Necks. The V isn't too low, and they all look amazing on him. I'm slowly planning to replace every T shirt in his collection with Everlane. The womans T doesn't fit me as well. I feel that if they had an XL I would find the fit more flattering, as is, the L is just a tad tight on me. Still a good layering basic, but not as chic with a pair of jeans. 
Nick in an Everlane V-Neck
I also own the Ryan pocket T, which fits wonderfully, is slouchy and great, but I find that it collects a lot of pet hair so I only get one wear before I have to wash it again. The fabric also wrinkles very easily and noticeably, and I don't love the neckline. 


By biggest Everlane regret has to be the purchase of the Box Cut button down shirt. I thought, how can I go wrong with a white button down? But the fit was awful on me. I purchased in large and could have easily gone down to a medium. It isn't just a box cut on me, but swallows me whole. Very unflattering.
Rounded Collar Silk in Blue

The mustard French Terry (part of my first purchase) I wore many times and got a lot of use out of, but it never fit quite right either. I purchased it in Large and it was a little too tight, almost the same fit as the T-shirts. Interestingly both the French Terry and the T-shirts are made in an LA factory, and both are tight on me in an L. Not sure if this is a coincidence. ;)
Everlane Seed Stitch U-Neck

Lately, my biggest Everlane success has been with the Seed Stitch sweaters. I own two, the Seed Stitch U-Neck, and the Seed Stitch Raglan. My favorite is the Raglan, as I find I need to wear a tank top or other layering shirt with the U-Neck to make the neckline work (and admittedly I find the Birch colour to be a little bit of a wash).

The Raglan is my most recent purchase and it is literally the softest thing I have ever felt. It's amazing, warm but it breaths so it's perfect for fall. I purchased it in Pine and it goes with everything and is very flattering. The cut on these I also find flattering. I purchased both in Large and they don't hug too tightly, instead draping perfectly. They have a slit at the hips along the hem and the back drapes a little longer than the front. I love them. Perhaps that is the greatest difference between the cut of the Seed Stitch and the French Terry, the French Terry having a banded bottom that emphasized my flaws in the middle.

For reference, I'm a standard size large or 14 on the bottom, 12 on top. I have a 32 waist, 42 hips, am 5'4" and wear a 36D.

Please feel free to ask any questions about fit or styling! 

2 comments:

  1. Can I just give this post a little love? I've been scouring the internet for Everlane reviews by folks who are my size. This post is so informative, the photos are beautiful, and it's making me jazzed to make my purchases. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I think it's just about time for me to review some of the Everlane pieces I've purchased since. ;) I also have a hard time finding reviews of clothing from online shops from folks my size, so I sympathize! Feel free to ask any questions you may have about fit, and let me know what you buy! :D

      Delete

I love your comments!