Wednesday, August 27

Boyish and Casual

Ever since college, or the last time my uniform consisted of jeans and a T-shirt, I've been a big fan of skirts and dresses. Almost to the point of banishing jeans from my wardrobe. I mean, jean shopping is one of the worst things in the whole world and I absolutely hate the feeling of too-tight denim. Lucky for me, the 'boyfriend jean' appeared on the horizon.

It took me awhile to jump on this trend, and a lot of angsty change room visits before I bit the bullet and ordered my first pair of boyfriend jeans from ASOS. Happily, they fit perfectly and are still a staple in my wardrobe today. Less happily, the once artfully torn thigh of my boyfriend jeans has grown an awful lot. Between jumping puppies and snagging it on things (it's so big now I occasionally snag it on my own knee while getting dressed...) the artful leg hole has become something of a giant, unintentional cut-out. I'm thinking it's time to buy a new pair of boyfriend jeans and I'm eyeing up this pair of patchwork ones from The Gap.

While I'm at it, I might have also fallen in love with these other wardrobe staples. Joanna of 'A Cup of Joe' recently posted about how her brothers french girlfriend wore a uniform of jeans and a sweatshirt on a recent vacation and ever since I've been looking for an appropriate everyday sweatshirt like this one.


Boyish


I can tell my style is evolving lately. I moved my clothes rack from the bedroom into a spare room and I put everything away in drawers except a few key pieces: my silk blouses, a chambray top, a raglan sweater and a denim skirt -- which I hung from a valet stand. Since then I've been going back and back to the valet stand and haven't bothered with the clothes in the spare room at all. It's a handy trick for deciding if you're ready to part with things. As I prepare to go ahead with our bedroom makeover (I've been obsessing over it lately, thanks pinterest), I might move our winter clothes onto that rack in the spare room and move forward with donating a lot of the old stuff. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's all stuff I would actually wear! Well, minus the scarf.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!