Thursday, March 20

Beauty Box 5: March

After seeing a review at Girl Meets Box I became very very excited for my first Beauty Box 5 to arrive! Funnily, I received the exact same box as she detailed in said review, but I couldn't be happier! Well, I suppose I could have been a touch happier given that my mousse leaked into my box and left a bit of a mess. That being said, I didn't loose too much product so I'm not worried.

Here's a peak at the packaging gaff:

Honestly, it is a little weird to me that none of the beauty products I've received have been in any kind of packaging (like a plastic seal or anything). It makes me think that the secret behind these beauty boxes is that all the product we're receiving is already opened, or samples? Anyway, haha, it's just a little odd.

The First product I unpacked was this dual sided facial pad, which I love! I've been using it already for exfoliating my face and it's a great little tool. One side is a loofah for exfoliating and the opposite side is a soft terry for cleansing. I really needed to exfoliate more so I appreciate this.
Secondly, a nice full sized hand cream! This is great because I just ran out of hand cream at my desk at work. I don't know what it is, but at work my hands get really dry every time I wash them with the soap they provide. It's terrible drying stuff. Yay handcream!
I don't have a lot of uses for a tiny bar of soap... or at least I hadn't thought of any before this moment but now I'm thinking I could use this at work.... HAHA.
This makeup base is excellent stuff! It works very well as an eyeshadow primer, not quite opaque enough to be a great concealer in my opinion. I needed something like this though, so I'm happy!

And for the cherry on the cake! I was really hoping to get this mousse after I saw it in Lisa's box, she doesn't have curly hair so she was not that excited, but as you know, I do! Add to that the fact that I am a sulfate free girl and it can be difficult to find styling products that are natural and sulfate free, I was absolutely stoked about this all natural hair mousse which claims to be for "tightly curled hair". I haven't used it yet, but I think it will be perfect for me and I can already foresee myself purchasing it again.

And that's all! I was really happy about this box! I ordered three boxes so I hope my next two are equally awesome. I've heard that the quality of this box is a bit atypical instead of typical for Beauty Box 5, but since this is my first, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think the thing I like so much about this box is that everything in it is useful and practical as well as fun. Receiving a hand cream might be less exciting then caviar nail polish, but I can tell you which one will get used and which one won't so I prefer the hand cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!