Wednesday, December 4

Swing into Christmas

I can't help but browse the virtual store racks these days for holiday appropriate party dresses. I can't help it! Yearly I fall prey to the idea that I 'need' a 'Christmas Dress' to somehow make Christmas more special than it already is. Funny thing is, it totally works. There's nothing (in my mind) more fun than breaking out a special dress for a special occasion.

Right now I'm obsessing over the swing, or smock, dress silhoutte. It's classy, cheeky, fun and comfortable. PLUS there's lots of room in there for your turkey tummy. Funny anecdote time: one year I wore an anthropologie skirt with a waist band with no stretch to turkey dinner and had to make a wardrobe change half way through the meal. True story.  That's not going to happen wearing this silhouette.

I can easily picture myself in any of these four dresses with the addition of a cute pair of tights and some cute slippers for around the house on Christmas day! 


Swing Dress

Above, one and two from WhitePeppers new winter collection, and 3 and 4 from ASOS.

ASOS has a TON of dresses in this silhouette,  but I love the warm and cozy corduroy version, and the long sleeves of the polka dot dress make it more wintery.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Swing Dress Christmas Style

Perfect, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!