Monday, September 9

Cooking Triumph: Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

Happy Monday! I have a serious treat here for you.

Remember when I threw a joint birthday and made three different desserts? Well Nick was one of the birthday boys and his favorite treat is Strawberry Shortcake. Of course, after baking cupcakes and pies all day I wanted to somehow make a shortcake without actually having to bake or worry about pies and shortcake sharing one oven. To my rescue: Sprinkle Bakes and this recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Doughnut Trifle.

This was seriously the easiest dessert I have ever made, and not only did it taste like the real thing, it looked amazing and was a hit with the hardest critic -- Nick himself.

Here are the ingredients:

3 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup sugar
8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
15 ready-made plain cake doughnuts
3/4 cup strawberry preserves
2 lbs. fresh strawberries
Powdered sugar for dusting

You can find the recipe to  put it all together here!

The only thing that required heat, was reducing and combining the strawberry preserves and the fresh strawberries. I used my stand mixer for whipping the topping, and a couple of packages of miracle whip powder instead of heavy cream and sugar! It was seriously the easiest thing ever. I hope you make this and enjoy it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!