I'm happy to report now that we've moved in and started adding some subtle mustard accents throughout the house, Nicks done a 180 and is loving the pop of colour. I think the trick was going with a darker shade of mustard so that it doesn't read as too yellow, which can be grating.
Here's a peak at our mustard wall:
I'm currently looking at pulling that colour throughout the house in subtle ways. Here are a few ideas:
- A colourful shelf
- a bright painting
- some matching t-towels that would really upgrade my kitchen (all my kitchen towels are different!)
- cute mustard striped planters
- coordinating fridge magnets
- throw cusions for the sofa
- and a pretty hand made vase.
|Star Trek salt and pepper shakers from Modcloth.|