Thursday, July 18

Sea Salt and Rosemary Pretzels

My favorite food blog lately has been Two Peas and their Pod. All of the recipes I've tried from there have been delicious, fairly healthy, and have turned out great! One of my favorite recipes so far has been these amazing rosemary and sea salt pretzels.  I had never made pretzels before and it was not only way easier then I had imagined, it was a lot of fun. Almost as much fun as the resulting pretzels which I absolutely gloried in (look how beautiful they are! Nick, tell me how beautiful my pretzels are!).

An Italian gentleman in Seattle lectured me recently on how all salt is from the sea, and that the only difference between table salt and sea salt is how coarse or fine the grain is and he hates it when people are all "I only use sea salt because it's better".

Anecdote over.

You'll need:
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 package active dry yeast
3 ounces unsalted butter, melted
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
4 1/2 to 5 cups of all-purpose flour (I use nutri-grain)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Canola oil, to grease bowl (I used olive)
3 quarts water
2/3 cups baking soda
1 whole egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water
And Coarse sea salt

You can find the recipe for these babies here, at Two Peas and their Pod (along with a recipe for Rosemary cheese sauce...). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!