Friday, March 15

What to Wear: St Patricks Day

St. Patricks Day is just around the corner (Sunday, if you are calendar inept like I am), and it's about time I plan my dream outfit. Haha, what I mean to say is that this is what I would wear for a St. Patricks day romp through the city if I could afford to buy all the things.


What to Wear: St Patricks Day


I'm really digging pinafore dresses right now, they're extremely flattering and every outfit you style will be different thanks to the magic of layering. Also awesome -- flannel shirts. This is not a statement to be questioned.
So! My tips for the greenest day of the year are to mix and match your shades of green, not to wear any graphic shirts that say "kiss me I'm Irish" (especially if you're not Irish, shame on you), and to throw a few other colors in there to compliment your green-ness. Also, sit back and drink a beer. 
Interestingly enough, I don't drink beer myself. I'm more of a wine and martini kind of girl, although when we 'go to the pub' I usually drink a Crown Float to give myself some street cred. It's almost like having a Guinness, except your Guinness is watered down with hard cider. Perfect compromise.  Fun fact: you should still be able to draw a smiley face in your foam. Always do this.
This weekend we're celebrating St. Paddy's on Saturday at, you guessed it, Cask and Barrel. The plan is to spend the afternoon downtown stopping at the farmers market at City Hall before hitting the Mercer Warehouse for all of it's many wonders. We'll try Roast for coffee (a coffee and wine bar? My two favorite things!), and The Mercer Collective craft fare for a bit of spending before a bite at Mercer tavern.  At the end of the day we'll be meeting up with friends at C&B for the aforementioned crown floats!  I hope everyone has an excellent weekend!

PS. I apologize for bringing you two polyvore posts in a row. I do have some outfit posts sitting pretty on my laptop at home but I haven't had the time to edit them. You'll see more of me next week, promise. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!