The first thing I did was move the bed from beneath the window on the short wall, to the long wall where we'll be able to fit a set of matching dressers on each side. It's my dream to get a little symmetry going on and do away with the old dresser and end table combination. If you've been around the blog for a while you might recall I've been using a suit case on my side of the bed as a makeshift endtable, LOL, not cool.
- We purchased a green striped duvet cover awhile ago.
- I moved the bed to the longer wall to accommodate dressers.
- I purchased two of these gorgeous wall sconces to hang on either side of the bed (task lighting for the win! Finally!)
- I cleaned up the floor and organized our existing dresser so our clothes all have homes. We also filled up four garbage bags of clothes and took them to Goodwill.
- Buy some fabric to hang behind the bed as a headboard. I already have a tapestry hanger lined up. It's rustic wood so it will look great with the lamps.
- Purchase new dressers from IKEA.
- And the matching bed with under-bed storage!
- Purchase some drapes. I'm planning on hanging some plain white drapes using a thin curtain rod and command strips so we don't have to put holes in the wall. As a renter, I consider command strips to be next to godliness.
- Buy some black and white accents to add some graphic pattern and interest to the room.
- Buy one of these amazing quilts from Etsy seller Gypsya. I'm having the hardest time ever choosing between the two (opinions wanted!)
- And you can't see it in the inspiration board above, but I would like to add a small bookcase like this, or this in the corner previously occupied by my suitcase.
If you want to follow along, you can check out my pinterest board here.