Thursday, January 17

My Favorite Beauty Products

My Favorite Beauty Products
1. Ocean Salt face scrub from Lush (on sale right now!) / 2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel from Sephora /3. Tea Tree and Eucalyptus solid shampoo from Etsy seller Milk and Honey Naturals /4. L'Oreal Paris Magic BB Cream /5. Tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful /6. Deva Curl Frizz Free Volumizing Foam /7. L'Oreal EverCreme sulfate free cleansing conditioner / 8. A Million Kisses lip and cheek stain from Lush / 9. BubbleGum exfoliating lip scrub from Lush / 10. Shoreline hair ties from Etsy Seller ManMessage

I thought I would share some of my very favorite cosmetics with you, just for fun.

As you know, I'm a curly girl with wild hair to tame and I try to use sulfate free hair products that won't strip my curls of their natural oils. Because of this, my hair doesn't get very oily and I don't have to wash it as often. When I do, I typically use my L'Oreal  EverCreme cleansing conditioner. It's a very gentle cleanser that still leaves my hair feeling clean, but it also moisturizes and I get to skip a whole step in the shower. Every once in awhile if I feel like my hair needs an extra boost, or my scalp needs more targeted cleaning I'll use this amazing eucalyptus and tea tree oil solid shampoo I bought from Etsy. I love these two products, and my hair is always soft, clean and delicious smelling (the EverCreme has a sort of metallic smell that for some reason I love).

All my life I've struggled with acne and scarring on my face. I don't have breakouts anymore, but I do try and keep my skin clean and exfoliate often. I'll use this Ocean Salt Scrub (made with sea salt, citrus and Vodka!) a couple times a week and for the rest of the time I just use cleansing clothes. Usually Say Yes to Cucumbers. I love love love this scrub, it's invigorating and works wonders on my skin. I've been using Cliniques moisturizing gel for a couple of months and although I think I'll try a different product last time (I'm always on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer) I do love this product.

I like to keep my makeup no fuss and simple most of the time (although I went through a brightly colored eye makeup phase in college) and just use these products. I love my L'Oreal BB cream (I've tried a few different kinds and this is my favorite) and I always use my Tarte cheek stain. Sometimes I'll also apply concealer around my eyes and if I'm in the mood, mascara. ;) The Lush lip scrub tastes amazing and is great if your lips are feeling rough, and the stain creates amazing color and the intensity can be adjusted in your application. It also serves as a cheek refresher in a crunch because of the natural ingredients.

The hair ties are a must for me. In a lot of my pictures you've probably spotted me wearing them on my wrists! They make a cute bracelet and if my hair gets frizzy during the day I can throw it up! Also, they're softer then normal hair elastics and don't snag which makes them perfect for pineappling at night!

Do you have any cosmetics that you swear by/can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!