Monday, December 31

Some Snaps from Christmas Part 1

 This year I had the privilege of hosting Christmas Eve. For the past three years we've gathered Nicks, and my family together on Christmas Eve for a Christmas Candlelight service at my church and afterwards, dinner. We managed to fit all thirteen of us (with some extended family from both sides) in our apartment.

I spent the day off cleaning and making tassels for a homemade garland and matching tree decorations. I was thinking of doing a tutorial, but it was so easy I'm sure everyone would laugh. ;)
For dinner I made a turkey pumpkin chili in the crockpot with maple cranberry cornbread. We finished with chocolate chip cookies and gingerbread pear cake. I had lots of help and it turned out really well. I'm hoping Nick and I can make it a tradition to host this special coming together of our two families. 
 Here are some more pics of my tassels and some of Tommy! We only brought the little tree out for the one day because we knew he would be in there like a dirty shirt and although he was very interested we were amazed with how well he behaved all day! 
 I have a few more pics of Christmas day at my parents and of Tommy left. I hope everyone had as lovely a holiday as we did! Although it was very busy, we really enjoyed every minute of it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!