Wednesday, November 21

Les Miserables

When I was in junior high I read the abridged version of Les Miserables and fell in love (a great option for youngsters and people who aren't big readers). One of my good friends was a big fan of the original, unabridged version, and I commend her for being so ambitious. Despite borrowing it from her for, oh, three or four years, I never did get around to reading the whole thing. This is partly because Victor Hugo was paid by the word and there are parts of the novel when that fact is painfully apparent. Well the full version of Les Miz came free on my Kobo and I'm so excited about the release of the new film in December that I'm going to give it another try.

I was fortunate enough to see Les Miz in London when I was there and am so excited to share the story with my family and friends when the film comes out on Christmas Day. It looks amazing! I suppose it helps that I'm a big Hugh Jackman and Amanda Seyfried fan. Even Anne Hathaway appears, from the trailer, to kill it! The only casting choice I have to question is that of Russel Crowe *sceptical*.


Here are a few of my favorite songs from the play

Are you excited for the new movie adaptation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!