Tuesday, June 26

Camping Essentials

I have a confession. I haven't been camping for many many years.

When I was a kid we used to camp all the time, but it got to the point where we all agreed we would rather camp out in a hotel with running water then at a campsite with communal out houses.

Now that I'm with Mr. Nick I've discovered that he has a major aversion to camping (something about a snowstorm in August ruining his childhood) -- and although the desire for the great outdoors seems to be rising in my city girl spirit I have doubts about whether I'll be able to convince him to abandon comfort in place of a tent. My father suggested staying close to the campsite in a hotel and then spending the day at the river/campground. I think he's on to something.

Anyway, if I were going to be spending a night in the great outdoors this is what I would pack!
Camping essentials
1. A bathing suit. Whether it's just to beat the heat or you're camping at a beach you may want to pack one of these.
2. A big comfy, slouchy sweater. In the evenings it's going to get chilly and this baby will fit over whatever you happen to be wearing. I can just imagine snuggling by a fire in this cozy sweater.
3. Some cute shorts are great -- but I would also suggest a pair of long pants in case wherever you're camping is bug infested.
4. Camping gear! I'm talking a tent, cooler, food, portable grill etc. etc.
5. I never was before, but I'm slowly becoming a one bag girl. When I was a kid I had to have every marker, pencil crayon, sketch book, novel, and board game I owned along for the trip but these days all I don't need much to keep me entertained!
6. I usually would take a pair of good boots for walking through the woods/hiking/etc. but also sandals or comfy flats for casual lounging.
7. And sunscreen! (also, bug-spray. Serious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!