Thursday, November 24

Thanksgiving (for the Americans)

Today is American Thanksgiving, and although we already celebrated a few months back, Mr. Nick and I have a lot to be thankful for right now.


I'm so thankful for our new apartment, what a great deal we're getting, and how easy it is for me to get to work from there! 

I'm thankful for my parents being understanding and for my friends and extended family being so supportive! 

I'm thankful for the new food in our pantry proving the previous point.  

I'm thankful that Nick and I are doing well with work and that he's getting a little extra cash this month. 

I'm thankful that our sofa is so comfy and big and awesome. Haha, and that our internet will be installed in two weeks and we can catch up on Netflix! 

I'm thankful that I can bake and cook for my boy and take care of him -- and that I love baking a cooking and taking care of him. 

I'm thankful that he'll clean up after me when I'm done with the baking and cooking (because I like to use every pot, bowl and spoon in our kitchen all at once.) 

And that he has taken on the responsibility of bed making every day. What a swell guy.  

I'm thankful that my parents gifted us our first Christmas tree and that soon our new place will be filled with the warmth of the holidays. 

I'm thankful that our shower rod from Superstore has not fallen down, since we've had to return two shower rod's previously. 

I'm thankful that I can constantly bug Nick about buying me a ring and he just laughs and says "soon" instead of running out the door. 

And I'm ever so thankful to him for doing all those other grownup things I don't want to do like calling our landlord when we have problems, talking to the landlord and tenant advisory board, talking to our building management, and figuring everything out for us so I don't have to worry about things anymore. He's like a stressbusting super bunny. 

if those exist. 

and I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!