Wednesday, September 14

French Toast Skewers

 I mentioned before that I attended a wedding shower over the weekend, and that I made a few treats to take with me. For my shower food I chose to do French Toast Skewers, since french toast is one of my favorite treats and it looked like the skewered version would be perfect for feeding lots of people buffet style.

I used this recipe from Martha Stewart's website, but I think you could do the same thing with any french toast recipe, and any fruit for garnishing. Since it was my first time, I followed the recipe pretty strictly, although I substituted a brown bread since my local store didn't have a heavy white bread. I was a bit concerned because it says that it only feeds 4 people, but it ended up making plenty. I got lots of compliments at the shower, so I would categorize this under cooking triumphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!