Tuesday, September 20

Buttermilk and Blueberry Breakfast Cake

 This past weekend I decided I wanted to make a nice family breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, I have many fond memories of my father making us waffles Christmas morning, or on my birthday! Since I've been with Nick I've cooked him a few breakfasts and to me, it's just one of many ways to show my love.

Of course, I usually stick with french toast, waffles, pancakes or bacon cups but having quite a bit of leftover buttermilk I decided to try this recipe for buttermilk breakfast cake.

It was a success! The middle of the cake was a little extra moist so I would recommend cooking it for the full 50 minutes, and make sure you toothpick test it. I only had frozen blueberries to work with, but I imagine it would be delicious with fresh berries.

I found the recipe here, and I would  definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!