Friday, August 19

A Study In Scarlet

Shirt: Marks, Skirt: Dorothy Perkins, Flats: Ardenes
I think the above picture might be one of my favorites of all time, I've been trying to think of new and exciting places to take my outfit pictures and I figured my new orange skirt would look nice offset by good ol' Scarlet here, my dad's old Ambassador. Nick kept saying, stand in front of the rust spot! But I kind of like seeing how she's aged.
Necklace was a gift! (Thanks Amy)
I loved this outfit, (color blocking for the win!) but I couldn't help feeling like a nurse when I looked down at my crisp white button down and white shoes. Haha, for some reason that says nurse to me. I think the flower in my hair helped make it feel more 'me'.
Hair clip: H&M
A part of me is starting to feel really excited for fall at this point -- the fashions, the sales, the layering, the leaves turning, the pumpkin pie -- but another part of me (most of me) is sad that summer is coming to an end. Not yet! I tell it, stay a little longer. I still feel like the best part of my summer was robbed from me by the accident, and living in Canada where summer lasts for 3 months out of 12, it's just not fair! Stick around, I beg, just a little longer. But the wind answers with a cold gust and the leaves shiver on the trees.

I'm not sure how this blog is going to fair during the winter, I may have to buy a set of photography lights so I can take outfit photo's in doors! Already I'm looking forward to next spring. It's been a beautiful season this year, perhaps not always weather wise, but personally. Other then the blotch on my life that was June, I really feel like life is blossoming.

What are you most looking forward to about the coming fall season?

Click (on this post), scroll (to the bottom) and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!