Thursday, August 18

Nutella Stuffed French Toast

 This was an exciting meal. I had Mr. Nick coming over for brunch so  I wanted to surprise him by making our usual french toast a little more exciting. I didn't use an exact recipe (I tend to look at several online recipes and take a little bit from each) but there is one you can try here.

Basically I cut extra thick slices of crusty bread and used a paring knife to make a little pocket in the center of each. I then spooned nutella into the pockets and used 3 eggs, some milk, a pinch of cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla to dip my extra thick slices of bread into.

I also tried breading one slice by rolling it in crushed almonds and cereal before adding it to the hot pan. (the one on the left in the bottom pic) Over the two methods, I think I prefer the chocolatey one best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!