Wednesday, July 27

Edmonton Folk Festival

I've been thinking about it for months and finally finally the time has come for the Edmonton Folk Festival! It's only a week away!

The first time I went to the festival, in 2008, I attended with my Dad and my sister. We bought the full weekend pass and had an absolute blast!
Dad took these photos in 2008

The year after I was in Greece when the tickets went on sale and missed my chance to purchase some, last year Mr. Nick and I were only able to attend one evening, since the weekend passes sold out record fast. The good news is that this year I was online 15 minutes before they went on sale and managed to snap up a pair of weekend passes for Nick and I!

To celebrate the impending festival, (and what I'm sure will be the highlight of my summer)  I'm going to be sharing a few different festival themed posts in the next couple of weeks, including what to pack, what to wear, and of course some music sharing!

To get things started, here's a few songs by the amazing Brandi Carlile. She is one of my all time favorite musicians and last year Nick and I were so happy to have seen her on the Folk Festival main stage. She was such a bright light, so joyous and filled with wonderment when she saw all of the people waiting to hear her even in the rain!

Brandi:

That Year:

Dreams:


We are sooo excited that Brandi is coming back this year! Seeing her live only embedded in my mind how wonderful a person she is, and how talented an artist! I hope she never stops coming back to the Folk Fest. ;)

Do you have anything awesome you look forward to all year long?
Click, scroll, and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!