Tuesday, June 28

A Rainy Day is no Excuse!

Dorothy Perkins Dress, Smart Set denim Shirt
 My first outfit post since the accident. It felt good to get some pictures taken -- so good I didn't even wait for the weather to cooperate. Hence -- this tiny photoshoot taken on my front stoop underneath the awning away from the pouring rain. And the over exposed background.

Reitmans belt, Aldo earrings
 I was excited to share this dress with you, I've had it for a few months, and it was my first purchase from Dorothy Perkins, which is a great UK site. Their shipping isn't awful, and they have a lot of sales, and a lot of clothes I love. The shirt is also new, I picked it up from Smart Set I believe, and it's an absolute wardrobe essential for me now!
Blowfish Garren Platforms
Things are starting to return to normal now -- although the effects of the accident are still rippling through our lives. The best evidence -- my poor toe! You'll notice it's still in a band-aid, that's not for my sake, it's for yours. It looks absolutely grotesque -- all purple and yellow and funny looking. Luckily, I've kept my toe nail so far, but it's only a matter of time I'm told.

In other news, it looks like I'm going to start looking for my own place pretty soon, the parents are getting sick of me. ;) And I'm not really happy living in the basement anymore, I need to stretch my legs, buy my own groceries, throw my own parties! It's a new chapter I am very much looking forward to!
So, any advice for making it on your own? I want to hear your stories!

If you don't see an add comment button, click on the title of the post to go to the page, and the button will show up!

PS. Congratulations to my officially published Beau -- I have to admit to being a little jealous he beat me to it, but sooo sooo proud!  This is Nick's second article published on The Escapist!